An SMA is a specialized service whereby we build and manage individual investment portfolios for each of your clients. This offering is more suited to established investors when they reach higher levels of investable assets. Tailoring each portfolio allows for the following:
- Your clients have an ongoing personal relationship with their Portfolio Manager who is responsible for the management of the portfolio, providing transparency and peace of mind
- Your clients’ specific financial and taxation needs are met by the tailored solution
- Your clients’ assets are held separately from the assets of other clients, unlike mutual and segregated funds
- Your clients have direct ownership of the securities within the portfolio, unlike mutual and segregated funds
- Investment Counsel fees quality for a deduction on income tax returns1
The SMA structure is offered to clients with a minimum of $500,000 of investable assets. All assets are held in your clients’ name by a third party custodian, with Antares acting as the discretionary portfolio manager through a trading authorization granted by the clients.